1. Booking your date with FIRST SERVE CATERING
A. All event bookings must be confirmed in writing by the Client.
B. A non-refundable deposit is required to secure FIRST SERVE CATERING for the date of your event.
C. All bookings are subject to minimum guest numbers, these will be confirmed in writing by FIRST SERVE CATERING to the client.
2. Booking Deposit
A booking deposit figure will be provided in writing by FIRST SERVE CATERING once your booking confirmation is received. This deposit will be deducted from the total event cost which will be issued to the client no later than one month prior to the event. Payment methods available include bank transfer, debit card, cheque and cash.
3. Additional Deposit
a. An additional deposit will be required for all non-service bookings when trays, glassware, crockery or utensils etc. are provided by FIRST SERVE CATERING during their event.
b. £100.00 will be added to the total event costs (processing with the booking deposit above) and refunded via bank transfer following the return of all items (in full and undamaged). Any items not returned with be chargeable and the additional deposit will not be refunded.
4. Booking Confirmation
a. Once the Clients deposit/s have been received a receipt will be issued by FIRST
SERVE CATERING together with a formal confirmation letter which will include your draft menu, event summary and estimated costs based on the number of guests and selections made by the Client.
b. Once a date has been secured a client tasting session is possible for bookings with a minimum of 100 guests, tasting sessions can be arranged mid-week only from 11am-3pm and are subject to the event type and menu selected.
c. Where children are attending if over 10 years of age they are payable at the same rate as adults, if under 10 years of age they are chargeable at half the adult price. Children of 3 years and under will be free of charge.
e. Any variation to menu selections for children must be discussed with FIRST SERVE CATERING as soon as possible so menus can be revised accordingly.
5. Payment of Total Costs Prior to Event
1. Payment in full is required for all catering services to be provided by FIRST SERVE CATERING prior to the event. Final guest numbers must be confirmed to FIRST SERVE CATERING no later than one month prior to the event.
2. The information provided at this point will be used to produce your total event cost invoice, arrangement of staff and co-ordination with your venue. Once our invoice is received by the client payment must be received no later than three weeks before the event. After final numbers have been provided to FIRST SERVE CATERING we are happy to accept any increases in requirements, however no reduction will be possible.
3. Should FIRST SERVE CATERING be advised of any increases following payment and less than two weeks prior to the event, FIRST SERVE CATERING reserve the right to accept these and will raise an additional invoice following the event for these guests or extra food needed, payment will then be due for immediate settlement by the Client.
6. Cancellation Charges
In the unfortunate event of a booking having to be cancelled confirmed in writing will be needed by the Client. Your deposit will be retained and the following charges will be incurred.
a. Cancellation received with less than two months notice prior to the event – 50% OF TOTAL EVENT COST
b. Cancellation received less than one month prior to the event – 100% of the total event cost.
c. The total event cost will be based on the number of guests scheduled, at the agreed price per head.
d. Any additional costs incurred by FIRST SERVE CATERING in preparation of the event up until the time of cancellation will be charged to the Client. This is to cover any losses caused to FIRST SERVE CATERING for administration costs, travel, supplies etc. and will be discussed fully in event of cancellation.
7. Dietary Requirements and Allergies
FIRST SERVE will endeavour to provide suitable adaptions to the Clients menu for any guests with special dietary requirement or allergies. We cannot however take responsibility for any guests unless advised in advance. (no less than 25 working days prior to the event).
8. Clients use of FIRST SERVE CATERING Property and Clients Personal Property or Gifts.
The Client agrees to pay for any loss or damage to any equipment, crockery, cutlery or glassware supplied by FIRST SERVE CATERING for the event including any issues caused by Client guests.
The use of candles by the Client for centre pieces or decoration where FIRST SERVE CATERING have supplied table linen is strictly prohibited.
FIRST SERVE CATERING will not be held responsible for the theft, lost or damage to any personal effects of the Client or gifts brought onto premises by Client guests.
9. Force Majeure
FIRST SERVE CATERING Shall incur no lability to the Client if performance of the contract is prevented or hindered by any case whatsoever beyond FIRST SERVE CATERINGS’ control and in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, by act of fire, flood, subsidence, sabotage, accident, strike, or lock out and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from that, and suffered by the Client.